Applicants on the waiting list for Affordable Housing can be removed from the list for any of the following reasons:
- The applicant’s income exceeds the income guidelines;
- The applicant does not have the minimum income to purchase or rent any units in the portfolio;
- The applicant owns an asset that exceeds the Regional Asset limit;
- The applicant requests to be removed. Click here for instructions on how applicants can remove themselves;
- The applicant submits fraudulent information during the income certification process;
- The applicant fails to submit the complete application on time (this includes failure to provide documentation needed to verify income and other required documents);
- The applicant fails to respond to an inquiry in a timely manner;
- The applicant does not cooperate or is abusive with staff, property managers, or the sellers of Affordable Units;
- The applicant does not meet the credit requirements or other tenant selection criteria required by the landlord;
- The applicant is unable to secure a mortgage;
- The applicant does not attend a budgeting/home buyer counseling class if such is required (e.g., for a waiver);
- The applicant does not respond to requests to purchase or rent a unit;
- The applicant does not submit an annual update; or
- The applicant has been approved to rent or purchase a unit in the Municipality.
Applicants who are removed from the waiting list may reapply. If approved to rent or purchase a unit in the Municipality, they may reapply for other opportunities in the Municipality.