We strive to make the application process as easy as possible. When you complete this application, you will need to set aside a few hours and have access to many of your personal and financial documents.
- It typically takes 1 to 2 hours to complete the affordable housing application.
- If you are applying with a co-applicant, we recommend that you complete the application together because you will need to submit their information too. Your co-applicant will need a different email than your own.
- You will not be able to submit the application until it is complete. Please upload your supporting documents as PDFs. Click here to learn how to scan a document as a PDF from your phone.
- You can save your progress as you go, and you can come back to your application anytime.
- If you get stuck, you can request help by clicking the help icon in the lower right of the application or emailing email@example.com. Please contact us before your application deadline.
- Once you submit your online application, your household cannot be changed. Make sure you include every person that is moving with you to the affordable home. Click here for more information regarding Household Size.
- Make sure you include all the income received for each household member over 18 years of age. Be aware you will not be allowed to change your income once your application and supporting documents are submitted.
- Does at least one member of your household live or work in the housing region? Click here for more information regarding Regional Preference.
- Passing the preliminary screening by CGP&H does not mean you can move into the unit. This is just the first step. After you are approved by the landlord, CGP&H will start a full review of the application and supporting documents you submitted.
- Do not give notice to your current landlord until you receive a certification from CGP&H.
MANDATORY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
To submit your application, you will be required to upload supporting documents for all household members 18 years old or older.
- The online application will list the specific documents you are required to upload. The list of required documents is extensive so please start the application right away. To preview the list of supporting documents that may be required, visit the Application Supporting Documents List.
- Please upload all documents as PDFs. Click here to learn how to scan a document as a PDF from your phone.
HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
- Click on the blue "Application Link" button at the bottom of your invitation email.
- Get your mobile phone and enter the verification code sent to it via text. These extra steps help ensure that your data is safe and only accessible by you.
- Complete the application.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
Once you submit your application CGP&H will do a preliminary review of the information you submitted.
- If you are denied:
- CGP&H will email you if you do not pass the preliminary review. Your name will remain on the waiting list and you will be contacted when another unit becomes available.
- Make sure the information on your profile is accurate.
- Remember once your application is submitted you will not be able to change your Household Size, Total Household Gross Income, or the County you and your household members live and work in.
- If you are approved:
- CGP&H will refer your name to the leasing office if you pass the preliminary review. The leasing office will contact you regrading a credit application if or when your name is next on the waiting list.
- The landlord is responsible to notify CGP&H of your credit approval.
- If you pass the landlord credit screening, CGP&H will complete a full review of your application and you will be notified.
- Do not give your current landlord notice until you receive a certification from CGP&H.
- You will be notified if you do not pass the landlord's credit screening.
NAVIGATING YOUR APPLICATION
When completing the application, the following icons on the application will guide you.
|Shows when something needs to be done.|
|Shows when a part of your application doesn't comply with the program requirements.|
|Shows when a form is completed.|
|Shows when supporting documents are uploaded and submitted for review.|
|Shows when you complete a section.|
Your progress saves as you go and you can come back to your application anytime. If you get stuck, you can request help by clicking the help icon at the lower right of the application.