Scroll Top

More Info

I own an affordable home. When do I need to get an approval for improvements to my home?


Contact CGP&H before you make improvements to your home when the improvements:
  • Impact the number of bedrooms in your home;or
  • Are capital improvements like central air conditioning or a shed. 
You do not need to contact CGP&H before making improvements that do not increase the Maximum Restricted Sale Price of your homes.   Examples of improvements that do not require approval from CGP&H are:
  • Renovating your kitchen or bathroom;
  • Making landscaping improvements; or
  • Completing other maintenance on your home.  
It is important for you to understand that if you make these types of improvements, you will not be able to recoup your investment when you sell your home.*  For example, if you spend $5,000 to upgrade your kitchen cabinets or replace your windows, the Maximum Restricted Sale Price will not increase.  However, when you maintain and upgrade your home, it will sell faster and you are more likely to receive offers for the full Maximum Restricted Sale Price.  

*The rules regarding improvements are different for homes located in Bedminster. Please email for more information.