When you know a specific home is for sale or rent, you need to join the waiting list for the municipality. In most cases, there is a waiting list and we will contact you when we come to your name. If there is no waiting list, the home may appear on your Affordable Homes New Jersey Profile where you can fill an interest form to visit the home.
If you are interested in purchasing or renting a home posted for sale or rent by CGP&H, please follow these steps:
- Go to www.affordablehomesnewjersey.com to submit a preliminary application and join the Ownership and/or Rental waiting list in the municipality where the specific home is located. Click here for more information about how to apply.
- In most cases, there is a waiting list to purchase or rent homes. When a home becomes available, we will contact you when we get to your name on the waiting list, if you are eligible for it. Click here for more information about waiting lists.
- If you have already submitted a preliminary application and joined waiting lists, visit your profile. You can request your profile link here.
- When the waiting list is very short, the home MAY appear on your Affordable Homes New Jersey Profile. If it does, click on the home and complete the Interest Form . NOTE: This does not guarantee you are eligible for the home. Once your IF is received by our office, our staff will review it and further information will be provided.
- If the home you are interested in does not appear on your profile it may be because of the following reasons:
- There is a waiting list and we are contacting the next applicants about the opportunity.
- Your household income is over the maximum income limits for the specific home or your household income is under the minimum income.
- The home is restricted to 55+ households and your household does not meet the age requirements.
- Your household size is too large for the available home. A maximum of two people are permitted per bedroom.