COVID-19 Housing Resources
- Rental Resources:
- The COVID-19 Short Term Rental Assistance Program will aim to serve very low, low, and moderate households who have had a substantial reduction in income due to the pandemic. More information on the program is forthcoming. The enrollment period is closed. For more information, visit https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dhcr/offices/cverap.html
- The Somerset County Emergency Rental Relief Program will assist County households that had a loss of income as a result of the COVID -19 Pandemic. Applicants may be eligible for up to 3 months rent or $3,000, whichever is less for payment toward rent that is owed. For more information, visit https://www.co.somerset.nj.us/government/human-services/community-development/cdbg-cv-emergency-rental-relief-err-program
- Homeownership Resources: Please visit: https://www.state.nj.us/dobi/covid/mortgagerelief.html for more information on COVID19-related mortgage relief and answers to frequently asked questions. If you are facing eviction or potential foreclosure, contact a housing counselor immediately by visiting https://njhousing.gov/foreclosure or calling 1-800-NJ-HOUSE.
Do you own an affordable home?
- CGP&H is the Administrative Agent for affordable homes located in these communities: Ownership Municipalities
- If you would like to sell your affordable home, please email email@example.com and include your name and address. We will calculate your maximum restricted sale price and send you additional information about the resale process.
- CGP&H must approve all mortgage refinance requests. If you would like to refinance your mortgage, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and address. We will calculate your maximum refinance amount and send you additional information about the refinance process.
- The Affordable Housing Professionals of New Jersey has created resale price calculators.
- Not all municipalities have been approved to the utilize the 2020 Resale Calculator so the 2014 Resale Calculator is also posted here.
- To determine which calculator to use, visit your Ownership Municipality page. The year listed in the “Maximum Income Limits Per Household” section determines which calculator to utilize.
- You may utilize these calculators to estimate the resale price of your home but final determination will be made by CGP&H.
- If you are a realtor, representing a seller, visit this FAQ article for important information.
- The Healthy Homes Maintenance Checklist published by the National Center for Healthy Housing provides recommended home maintenance tips.
- If you are at risk of foreclosure, please visit this FAQ article with links to foreclosure prevention resources. Please also email email@example.com if you are falling behind in your mortgage, HOA fee, or property taxes.
- Other questions about your affordable home? Please visit the FAQ to find out:
- Who can inherit your home?
- When do you need to get an approval for improvements to your home?
- Other important rules.